The “Purchase Course Materials” link takes your students to the official bookstore site, where they will sign in with their bookstore credentials or create a new account.
Once there, they can search for their courses to see the required and recommended materials in all available formats along with all available pricing. They will be able to purchase their materials using any form of tender accepted by the bookstore. For your convenience, we have also created video instructions. Click here to view.
Adding the Purchase Course Materials Link to a Module in Your Course
This link takes your students to the campus bookstore, where they will sign in with their bookstore credentials or create a new account. Once there, they will see the materials selected for your course in all available formats (e.g., new, used, rental, or digital) along with all available pricing. They will be able to purchase their materials using any form of tender including financial aid or campus debit.
- Select the desired course from your Home page.
- Click the “Turn editing on” button at the top right-hand corner of your course page.
- In your preferred section, click + Add an activity or resource.
- Select Purchase Course Materials from the list of activities and resources.
- If you do not see this item on the main list, select External Tool first, then look for the Purchase Course Materials
- Click Add.
- On the Adding a new External tool page, enter the activity name: Purchase Course Materials
- Expand the Privacy tab, and make sure that “Accept grades from the tool” is unchecked.
- Click Save and return to course.
The link will now appear in your course.
Article is closed for comments.