Thank you for downloading our faculty guide for adding the bookstore link to your course site. The instructions are below. For your convenience, we have also created video instructions. Click here to view.
Adding the Bookstore Link to the Left-Hand Navigation in Your Course
This link takes your students to the campus bookstore, where they will sign in with their bookstore credentials or create a new account. Once there, they can search for their courses to see the required and recommended materials in all available formats along with all available pricing. They will be able to purchase their materials using any form of tender including financial aid or campus debit.
- Login to Sakai with your faculty credentials.
- Choose the course you are teaching from your Sites menu.
- Click on Site Info from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the Manage Tools
- Under Course Site Tools list, find Plugin Tools and click on it to expand the selection.
- Check the box for Purchase Course Materials.
- Click Continue.
- On the next page, search for and select the “book” icon (optional), and click Continue
- In the confirmation menu, click Finish.
- You will see the link in your navigation bar.