To ensure that you can access your First Day® materials within Canvas, it is required that your default email address in Canvas match the primary email address on your Rutgers student profile. We have identified that your email addresses do not match, which will affect your ability to access materials. Additionally, if you chose to opt-out of the First Day program, you must complete these steps to do so.
Please follow the steps below to update your email address in Canvas as soon as possible. Once updated, you can navigate to the “Course Materials” link within your course and access your materials.
Please note: if you later change your primary email address and do not update the default email address in Canvas, this could affect access to your course materials, so be sure to update Canvas if making changes on your Rutgers account.
For more information about your Rutgers email, please visit: https://canvas.rutgers.edu/documentation/general/accessing-rutgers-email/
Steps to Identify Your Primary Email Address
- Log in to MyRutgers and navigate to your “Profile” in the top right.
- Your primary email address will be listed under “Student Email.”
Steps to Update Your Default Email Address in Canvas
- Log in to your Rutgers Canvas account and click on “Account.”
- Click on “Settings.”
- Under “Ways to Contact” click “+ Email Address.”
- Add your correct primary email address that matches your MyRutgers and click “Register Email.”
- You will receive an email to confirm. Click “OK, Thanks” and then log in to your Rutgers email account and find the confirmation email and link to confirm.
- Once your email address is confirmed, go back to Canvas and hover over the new email address and a faded star will appear. Click this star.
- You should now see that the bold star has shifted to this email address to indicate it as your default. You can now navigate to your courses in Canvas and access your materials via the Course Materials link.