As an instructor for a First Day/Inclusive Access course, you will need to add the following Tool Link in Canvas so that students can Opt-Out of the program if they wish, during the Opt-Out period only, and Courseware and eTextbook materials can be accessed by students through this link. (Note: Your LMS may have slight variations in these steps or naming.)
Setup for “Course Materials” Link
- Log in to Canvas with your instructor username and password and navigate to the course that requires the Course Materials link.
- Navigate to the desired course site.
- Click on Settings from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the Navigation tab.
- Drag Course Materials up to the active navigation menu.
- If the Purchase Course Materials link is active, drag it down to the list of hidden items.
- Click Save.
- You will see the Course Materials link in your navigation bar. (Note: If you do not, refresh your window for it to appear.)
Setup Course Materials Link Tutorial